Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday night

Hello! Sorry for the delay in posting, but we have been so very busy. For the last 2 days we have been sheetrocking and painting, sanding and mudding. The girl's bedrooms we have been working in are beautiful. At the same time, some plumbers have been working with the money the church sent for construction and there is a working bathroom upstairs too! Thanks, Southern Hills!

Today's work has been tough as we held up sheetrock over our heads while Jeff put in the screws with an electric drill (which was very difficult to do!). We have worked hard, slept hard, and I personally have had the best time of my life. This was my very first mission trip and time out of the USA. My life will never be the same. I have a new appreciation for God, and my personal relationship with Him. I came with a group of people I really didn't know, and now I feel like my family has been extended, to also include the Webster's who have been the greatest hosts.

Tuesday afternoon we swam in the ocean. The waves were huge. We watched as the clouds uncovered the mountain tops. Today we went to a market area and we watched the people--some walking fast and some sleeping on the street. Some of us heard one of the local church boys preach a sermon, with bible in hand, trying to get the message over to the 2 of us.

We are all one, different countries, same types of people. Many lessons learned on this trip for all of us. Stop.................listen, watch, learn, and accept that we ALL worship an awesome God. We are all one big family.

Tommorow, off to Roatan on the ferry. Keep praying for safe travel, and rest. Peace be with all of you!!!!

Mary Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment