Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Few Days

Dear loved ones,
We have been blessed so far with an awesome trip. Our host family has been wonderful. We all have different gifts, so we work very well together. The food has been awesome. I have eaten things I have not even heard of. I asked one of the ladies from the church who was fixing it, if she would come home with me. She said " By boat or car, NO plane." Maybe we can make time to build a bridge...I told her. Speaking of connections, the people here are amazing. When we walked the main street last night to get ice cream, as we passed people they either nodded or said hello to us, they made great eye contact.

We are very blessed to be here. This has been the greatest experience of my life!! I think everyone should do a trip like this at least once in their life. It makes you really appreciate the things we take for granted, every day of our life. Randy and Natalie's children are well behaved and nice. Randy has told some amazing stories about his life. He is truly a man of the Lord.

We have laughed and cried at all the stories of all of our families. I am traveling with people that are well-seasoned travelers. I am the newby. I walk with my mouth open all the time, just trying to take it all in. I want to remember everything.......I am keeping a journal. All of us thank you for your continued prayers and support. Knowing we have the Lord, and you all behind us is a real blessing!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Mary Jane

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have your daily updates. I can't wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE ALERT CHAR RE: USAA. Today's issue: by 9am they need to talk to you. Hope you get this sometime soon. I asked for mercy. The rep is a mission participant also. CALL USAA ASAP stop

    blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so amazing to immediately know how and what you are doing. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to checking the blog each day to see what you have done next. Prayers are with you.
    May God Bless You and Keep You,
    wendy

    ReplyDelete